Marindy
Level 2: Rookie

Thomson TG782T port three and four not working

Ethernet Ports 3 & 4 do not work on the Thomson TG782T.  Port 1 & 2 are great.  How do I open these ports?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Darren_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Thomson TG782T port three and four not working

Hi Marindy,

With the Ethernet ports, they should work out of the box without you having to do anything to the modem.

As you say Ethernet ports 1 and 2 are working fine, so I assume that the small lights on those ports at the back of the modem are green when working.

If you were to use the same cable already plugged into Ethernet port 1 and connect it into port 3 or 4, does the light on the port come on at all?

We are trying to see if the modem recognises an actual physical connection to those ports.

- Darren

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Marindy

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, the green lights on 1 & 2 are working.  No, if I move the cable from 1 to 3 or 4 there is still no green light on. 

Mark

Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for checking.  Can you try resetting the modem to it's factory default settings?  

Before doing so you will need to know your username and password so you can add these details back into the modems user interface once the reset has been successful.  You can find information on how to re-add these details on the following page, halfway down under the title 'How to Enter your Username and Password into the Technicolor TG782T ADSL Modem'

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/How-to-Change-the-WiFi-Channel-on-the-Thom...

Once the reset has been done try testing Ethernet ports 3 & 4 again as Darren mentioned above.

- Ben

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Marindy

Good Evening Ben/Darren,

Have reset the modem to factory/default settings but still no lights on three and four ports.  Ports one and two are still working fine.  Mark

Darren_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Marindy,

Very strange the ports are not working. Don't think you mentioned it before, but how long have you had the modem?

- Darren

Marindy

Hi Darren,

Date unsure of, but several years. 

Darren_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Marindy,

If the modem is several years old, unfortunately it wouldn't be under warranty anymore. Normal warranty is 2 years for the modem.

I've sent you a private message with a form to fill out if you would like me to check your account to confirm the modem's warranty.

- Darren

Marindy

Thanks Darren, that will be great.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more