Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thomson TG782T warranty

Answered
Is there a warranty for this modem? If so, how long? I have one, which is now a few years old, so most likely no longer covered. However, it has been randomly resetting itself of late, so figured it couldn't hurt to ask! Really can't afford to buy a replacement right now!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Thomson TG782T warranty

G'day Dave,

The warranty on your modem normally lasts as long as your initial contract, so 24 months. From memory the TG782T is a bit older than that, so you'd be looking at purchasing a new modem. The good news though is that you don't have to pay for it all at once. We can do a hardware repayment option for you which means that you can pay for your new modem over the next 24 months on top of whichever BigPond plan it is you're on. You can view our ADSL modems about halfway down this page:

http://www.telstra.com.au/connectedhome/enhancements/getwifi/

The T-Gateway is $6 per month over 24 months (or $144 all at once), and the T-Gateway Max is $9 per month or $216 all at once.

I hope that helps.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Thomson TG782T warranty

G'day Dave,

The warranty on your modem normally lasts as long as your initial contract, so 24 months. From memory the TG782T is a bit older than that, so you'd be looking at purchasing a new modem. The good news though is that you don't have to pay for it all at once. We can do a hardware repayment option for you which means that you can pay for your new modem over the next 24 months on top of whichever BigPond plan it is you're on. You can view our ADSL modems about halfway down this page:

http://www.telstra.com.au/connectedhome/enhancements/getwifi/

The T-Gateway is $6 per month over 24 months (or $144 all at once), and the T-Gateway Max is $9 per month or $216 all at once.

I hope that helps.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more