Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thomson TG782T

Answered

Hi,

I have a Thomson TG782T modem which has the 4 ports at the rear for ethernet connections. Ports 1 & 2 don't/won't work when anything is plugged in, ports 3 & 4 work fine (PC and Xbox1). The lights for ports 3 & 4 come on when anything is plugged in but ports 1& 2 don't light up at all and I can get nothing to work. I have reset the modem, tried to reconfigue (to the best of my ability) but nothing seems to work. I remember some time ago now the internet dropped out (PC using port 1) and I moved it to port 2, the same issue happened some time ago (again) and I just moved the PC to port 3 which has worked ever since. As you can probably tell I'm a complete novice regading modems but if anyone can help it will be appreciated.

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: Thomson TG782T

That modem is getting on in age now. Id say that the modem could be going faulty. Best to speak to the Bigpond help desk to see if your under a maintenance agreement/warrenty still.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

That modem is getting on in age now. Id say that the modem could be going faulty. Best to speak to the Bigpond help desk to see if your under a maintenance agreement/warrenty still.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi,

I have one of these modems also and would like to replace it.

I also have the latest Apple Time Capsule which I just having running in bridge mode at the moment coupled to the TG782T and I would like to explore running the TC in proper router mode connected to a device that connects to my Telstra ADSL.

Has anyone done this and can offer any sugegstions or recomendations.

Any help appreciated

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Slotcardriver,

As Daniel has said, it could be that the modem has deteriorated and become faulty. Have you defaulted the modem? Does that make any difference?

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more