Tribon
Level 1: Cadet

Thomson TG872T admin password change

After entering 10.0.0.138 into my browser, I was taken straight to my Bigpond TG782T modems info without having to sign-in, is this safe or do I have to change the admin password? If I do need to change it, could someone please tell me the correct procedure to do so without breaking the connection? 

I know this is an old modem but, it has been performing good for all these years, I am considering upgrading to a new non telstra modem such as the Tenda TX3 modem as it has the new WI-FI WPA 3 tech for better security.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Thomson TG872T admin password change

To change the admin password go to User Settings. Changing Admin password will not effect your connection. Only people on your local network have access to the modem's log in page so not having a password not a great security hazard providing you have a strong WiFi password and don't give it out to people you don't trust.

Tribon

Hi, cf4

Sorry to have taken so long to reply, I've been very busy.

I've tried changing the modem password but, I don't know the existing one. I've tried using, password & admin as the old password with no success. I don't know what to do from here?

Thanks, Tribon.

Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Tribon, 

I would suggest reaching out to the faults team via our mobile app & they can assist with the modem password. https://tel.st/vc8vbf

Let me know how you get on.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

How'd you get on following this up Tribon? -Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Tribon

I didn't want to waste time going through to the faults team so, I took another guess with the password & it is very easy as I left the password field BLANK. This allowed me to change the password to make my modem secure, I just wish I had been told to do this when I received this modem all those years ago.   

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more