Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Tp Link vr600v telstra compatible ?

Answered

i've been on the phone to Telstra techs all night and no one knows this modem router, they do not want to help me to configure it, and they do not want to provide me with my sip details to manual configure voip.

my question is can this modem router be solely used for Telstra nbn fttn.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Tp Link vr600v telstra compatible ?

Try disabling SIP ALG

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

The router can be used for Telstra NBN as the main modem but you will still need to use the Telstra modem as a VOIP ATA with the Telstra Modem's WAN port connected to one of TP link modem's LAN ports.

Telstra's NBN VOIP service will only work with a Telstra modems.

Set up the connection manually.

Select Other for ISP

Select VDSL for modulation type

Internet connection type select IPOE (No user name or password). TP link might call it DHCP, Auto IP. Don't use PPPOE

For phone to work, before connecting TP-Link modem connect the Telstra modem's DSL port to phone socket. Once phone has registered indicated by phone light turning green, Telstra modem can be disconnected and TP links modem's DSL port connected to phone socket and Telstra modem's WAN port connected to LAN port on TP-Link modem.

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Standard tech support only supports Telstra Modems. A quick google search says that one is vdsl compatible, so it will work providing and internet service but not a phone service from Telstra.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

I have contacted Telstra which have told me to contact tp link, I then contacted tp link and they have helped more than Telstra has. tp link has stated all I need is the voip domain address from Telstra, why is Telstra not providing me with this information ?
Highlighted

Telstra dont provide the voip settings for consumers to use on third party modems. You'll need to connect a Telstra Modem to your TPlink if you would like to utilize the TPlink for your internet service while still using your Telstra Voice service through the Telstra Modem.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

ok so I connected the wan of gateway to tp link modem, which all works and connected although I can only make outgoing calls but wont receive incoming calls.

Highlighted

Are there any SIP/ALG settings in the TP Link modem (Useually found in Firewall settings)? If there are change the setting.

Highlighted

these are in the alg settings and what is enabled

PPTP Pass-through: Enable
L2TP Pass-through: Enable
IPSec Pass-through: Enable
FTP ALG: Enable
TFTP ALG: Enable
H323 ALG: Enable
SIP ALG: Enable
RTSP ALG: