Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

unable to connect to telstra gateway max 2.4ghz wifi

Hi

i have 2 problems realting to my gateway max wifi - and hoping someone can help...

1. i am unable to login to the 2.4Ghz wifi network.  

From my iPhone5 i can see the wifi network, but it tells me the password is incorrect.  This is despite it previously working and me never changing the password on the gateway.

Note, i am able to login to the 5Ghz wifi network.

i have logged in to the gateway max and the passwords for both 2.4 and 5 wifi are the same.

i key in the same password on my phone for the 2.4Ghz wifi network and it says password is incorrect.

Note, this problem started about 2 weeks ago, when all of a sudden it seemed the 2.4Ghz network stopped working.

Whereas previously all devices had default connected to the 2.4Ghz, all of a sudden it stopped working and we then connected to the 5Ghz wifi network - and all ok.

Coincidentally, there were people from Telstra out the front of the house (in Ashburton) a few weeks ago checking to see if our house was enabled for the NBN.

Since then, this problem started.

2. Since the above problem, my old iPhone3 can no longer connect to the 2.4Ghz wifi (before it was all ok)

However, this phone cannot seem to detect the 5Ghz wifi network.

Hence, this phone cannot get wifi at all at home any more.....so not happy jan !

any help apprecaited.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: unable to connect to telstra gateway max 2.4ghz wifi

Hi Sammyhawk,

That is a little bit of an unusual issue but there are a few things that could cause this. 

Can you please let me know if you have Telstra Air enabled on your internet service? Telstra Air broadcasts on the 2.4gHz network and it sounds like you may be trying to connect to that instead of your local WiFi connection which can broadcast on the higher frequency.

If this is the case you can try switching your Telstra Air/Normal WiFi channels which can resolve this sort of issue.

We have a detailed guide here How To Troubleshoot WiFi which provides information on how to do this as well as other troubleshooting tips that may help.

Let me know how you go.

-Chris

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Just signed up to Telstra NBN and elected to have a Telstra technician to set it up on site for a fee. Technician never showed up and after a total of 4 hours on the phone to Telstra to no avail... I am now here and any help is much appreciated.

I have the Telstra Gateway Max 2. First 3 days all good... then intermittent internet connection and only fix is by rebooting. I now only have 2.4ghz and not 5ghz on any tablets, iPhones and laptops. Message says 'password incorrect' which is not the case. I have tried all the channels on 10.0.0.138 to no avail.

Please please help me, I work from home and having no or slow internet is affecting my livelihood. Thanks.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Ducrew

Apologies you are experiencing an issue with setting up the modem and password.

Our NBN Support Team will be able to resolve the password issue as well as help you with the modem.

Open 24x7 their number is 1800 834 273 .

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more