Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

unable to log into Gateway Max (mygateway login)

Answered

it doesn't let me sign in to change my settings, what do i do

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: unable to log into Gateway Max (mygateway login)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Highlighted

I am thoroughly confused trying to get my mail up n running. I need some to look into my account for information re my getaway max

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi Miriam1

Is it your BigPond Webmail that you are trying to get up and running? What platform are you trying to use? Outlook, Windows Live etc? 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi, my name is Ian, I have a Gateway Max TG799, for about 5 months, working OK until last week and now unable to log into "My Gateway"

Over the last 6 days I have been on 'Chat' with Telstra and each time I've been told to put in a 'pin' and reset the modem, I have done this a few times now, and works OK until the next day and when I try and log in, it wants my user id and password, which I try and keeps telling me wrong id/password.

I have been told by Telstra that if it continues they would replace the modem, as they don't seem to know how to fix the problem.

Is there anyway around this, please.

Regards Ian

@GlennL wrote:
Hi, there should be no password, but here is the guide to see if there is a password

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware-KB/Telstra-Gateway-Max-TG799-Overview/ta-p/306...

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Ian51,

I would suggest that you perform a factory default on your modem by holding the reset button in until all of the lights flash once which should take approximately 10 seconds.

Once the modem has finished its starting sequence, access the modem interface, update the username & password via http://10.0.0.138 and then personalising the WiFi network name and security key. You can also stop the modem from broadcasting the WiFi network name for added security.

If this happens again then it is possible that someone in your home is adjusting the settings in the modem.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hello Shelly,

Thanks for your reply, I have performed the factory reboot, it works but then when I close and log back in it wants my user id/password, then message comes up with wrong I'd/ password !!

It has been working fine for the last 6 months, it has started when I got a fixed 'ip' address over a week ago.

I am the only one in the household who uses the Gateway

Regards. Ian
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and/or using a different browser?

Did you try changing the WiFi security keys as I suggested?

- Shelly

Highlighted

Yes I have tried another browser and cleared my cache. Still wants user id/ password.

I'm not sure how to change WiFi security keys

Ian
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you restart the modem, does it allow you to access the modem without requesting a password?

When using the pin, are you holding it in for approximately 10 seconds or until all of the lights flash once?

- Shelly

Highlighted

Hello,

When i restart the modem, I don't need to enter my username or password.

i just type in the browser. 10.0.0.138. Goes straight into Gateway..

But when I log out of my computer and then log in a few hours later it wants me to put my id/password. !!!!

i'm holding the pin for at least 25 seconds and light flashes

Ian

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Does this happen on any other devices (eg smart phone) trying to access the modem? 

- Shelly

Highlighted

When the modem has been reset, I can use my iPhone and iPad but again after I have used it once it goes back to my login !

So it happened on all devices. !

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

That is very strange indeed. Have you contacted Tech Support to see if they can arrange a replacement?

- Shelly

Highlighted

As a matter of fact I have contacted support and they will send me a replacement

thanks.  Ian

Highlighted

Just started happening to mine as well. I am just about to head to support chat.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Let us know how you go with the new modem Ian51 & JPas.

- Shelly

Highlighted

Ok, will do, just arrived.

Ian
Highlighted

Not very happy, installed the new modem exactly as per instructions, keyed into the browser. 10.0.0.138 and straight into Gateway no problem.
Closed browser and tried again and the same message when I first started having trouble.
In other words nothing has changed and I can't still get into Gateway.
Not happy at all, what do I do next !!!!
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Ian51, 

In order to figure out what is happening can you let us know:

• How is your primary computer is connected to the Gateway Max? Wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable?
  • Have you tried accessing the Gateway Max login page (10.0.0.138) with another web browser on your primary computer?

If you are able to post a screenshot of the error message you are getting and provide us with your modems firmware version, which web browsers you are using and their versions. 

This should help us in testing.

- Ben 

Highlighted

Hi Ben,

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, I received a new modem from Telstra, connected ok, able to get into Gateway 10.0.0.138
Re started computer and could not get back into Gateway

Went to 'live chat' and after about 15 minutes 'chatting' finally found the problem. When it asks for user id/ password you only need the user id as 'admin' no password and that logs you back in.
You can 'add' your own password for security.
Thank you all for your time and patience.

Regards. Ian
Highlighted

Woke up this morning to the same problem or somethng very similar. No devices were connecting to the internet despite the wifi network being available. If I manually selected the network (Chrome browser) then it would connect momentarily and then disconnect.  I restarted modem and all devices connect however I am unable to login to the modem. It has been fine until now.

I am going to http://mygateway or 192.168.0..1 to access the modem as have done in the past but it does not recognise the password. Have also tried factory default password. Will try a direct connection and reset in a little while.

Brian

Highlighted

Hello, just type 'admin' in user id only, no password !
Highlighted

Sadly,password required Smiley Sad    

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Antigoon, 

What type of connection do you have and ADSL or Cable?   The Cable Gateway Max modems use the 192.168.0.1 IP whereas the ADSL Gateway Max will use 10.0.0.138.

The generic Cable Gateway Max username and password is admin and password

- Ben

Highlighted

It is a cable connection. The login has been fine these past weeks with the Gateway Max.

Brian
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks Brian, 

Start off my resetting the modem to it's factory default settings and then when it's back on-line, try logging in again using the default Cable Gateway Max username and password, which is:

Username: admin

Password: password

- Ben 

Highlighted

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi yun1

Apologies for the delay in responding. Have you managed to follow this up since your post?

Highlighted

my gateway max will not accept my username

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@alex1945 can you provide more information about the model of modem and what you have tried so far? Have you restored the modem to factory defaults? - Shelly

Highlighted

Also unable to login to Gateway Max.  Using W10 (probably worst OS Microsoft ever) entering 192.168.0.1, or any other combination like Telstra.Gateway etc, only gets you a web page with usual multiple explanatins of what it means etc etc.  Cannot get to the device itself. Just to make things more difficult W10 o longer allows you to chose "My Stuff or Web" and no browser allows "work offline" anymore. Pull the plug on broadband connect (cable in my case) and all you get is :blank page "you are not connected to the internet"

How can I get into my router to find out why it will not let Tivo access it's service for more than a few days without crashing.

Can anybody please help 

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Trier

Have you tried using another device (such as a tablet or smart phone) to access the modem interface?

Are you still able to access the internet, even if you cannot access the modem page?

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier in the thread such as returning the modem to factory default settings? This can be done by holding in the reset button for approximately 10 seconds while the modem is turned on.

As you are having issues specifically with the Tivo, have you contacted Tivo for assistance?

- Shelly

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I am unable to log in to gateway site, I have noticed that it has changed to ‘Device Info’ it use to be f@st? Why has it been changed? I can’t access it now. Frustrating!!
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Elle2

In order to figure out what is happening can you let us know:

How is your primary computer is connected to the Gateway Max? Wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable?
Have you tried accessing the Gateway login page via (10.0.0.138) with another web browser on your primary computer?

If you are able to post a screenshot of the error message you are getting and provide us with your modems firmware version, which web browsers you are using and their versions.

Thanks - Vi

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more