Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Updating Technicolor TG797n v3 firmware to Coral 15.1

Answered

My technicolor modems firmware is currently at 10.3.V.9. I wish to upgrade to the 15.1 coral one.

Will it upgrade automatically one day? Is there a way to update manually? 

I need the update as it has changes that will help with gaming.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Updating Technicolor TG797n v3 firmware to Coral 15.1

Hi cactus_muncher9, 

The new firmware is currently being rolled out.  You can use the instructions provided here to register your modem against your username and password so that your modem is updated sooner.

- Ben

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

It'll get pushed to your modem.. I think the admin section is a total eeeeeek alert

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted

Have any idea when the update will be pushed?

Highlighted

No sorry I'm merely a follow customer like your self..

A relating old post found.. Clicky

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted

Thanks for that. Hopefully a telstra worker will see the thread and be able to tell me an estimate date.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi cactus_muncher9, 

The new firmware is currently being rolled out.  You can use the instructions provided here to register your modem against your username and password so that your modem is updated sooner.

- Ben

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks babe

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Our pleasure Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

@Caaf wrote:
It'll get pushed to your modem.. I think the admin section is a total eeeeeek alert

I looked at the new release on a new NBN install I did for a mate.  Oh dear.  I think the interface looks awful,

Didn't spend a huge amount of time on it, but it looks really dumbed down.

Mine hasn't been updated yet. Inevitably it will be. I'm going to register for an early update so I can get ahead and help out the community. That's a HINT Telstra.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Highlighted

Agreed, it's a fugly ruck that's for sure.. All bright fluffy squares, no practical listing. Standby for the complaints!

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted

Sorry for being so pushy. I registered the modem but I still havent recieved the new firmware. Do you have any ideas of the rollout dates?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi, 

If you have any DECT handsets (including the T-Hubv2) paired, or parental controls configured, your modem will be excluded from the firmware update.

- Ben 

Highlighted

I have used parental controls in the past but disabled them a couple weeks ago. Will that make a difference? Is there any other reason it's not updating?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi, 

If you've registered the modem via the link I posted, then please try resetting the modem to its factory default to make sure the Parental Control modifications have been fully removed.  It may be that the modem is still registering them as being enabled.

- Ben

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Thanks for this importaint info.

A shame that any of the "L 2 Techs" did not tell me this.

I have had issues with the dect not working in coral 15. I have revceived a replacement modem, tested it before swapping it over to the live connection. Re-registered it and waited.

waiting, waiting, waiting.

Searched this formum, and found this.

Question now is, will the acs update the firmware?

I have run requesting L2 support to update the firmware but have been told that they can not "push" it out.

How long will I have to wait to see if this new modem actually works as intended with the new firmware, unlike the old one.?

(did factory reset prior to re-registering)

website says modem will reboot, but does not reboot.

thanks in advance,

Rob

----------------------------------------------------------

NOT a Telstra Employee

--------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi bob01, 

Are you still wanting to use the DECT capibilities?

What version firmware is your modem currently using?

- Ben

Highlighted

Hi,

the current modem version is 

Product Name:

TG797n v3

Serial Number:CP1452RADRA
Software Release:10.3.V.9
Software Variant:BS
Boot Loader Version:1.1.4
Product Code:3692888A
Board Name:DANT-O

I had the coral 15.1 update with the dect not passing audio to the pstn line but the tvoice app working.

They replaced the modem as the last thing in their process to do, and until I get back the coral 15.1 update I can not confirm that the fault has resolved. The dect handsets are curently not connected as stated above due to the update not being applied, but yes, in the end I want the dect to be working. not just the tvoice app.

with this firmware the dect works but the tvoice wont even dial out. go figure

NOT a Telstra Employee

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi bob01, 

I just want to clarify that the latest firmware update for the TG797 is not compatible with DECT and that the system should not be updating modems that have DECT handsets paired with them.  This firmware update will also not push through to devices that have URL parental controls configured.

- Shelly

Highlighted

Hi Shelly,

It would have been nice to know 3 months ago when this all started.

In all this time, not one person I have spoken to has said this.

So the dilemma has arrisen,

IF we are to use these modems on nbn which will be essentially viop telephony, and the handsets provided are dect, why did Telstra send me dect and not a handset that was A) conpatible with the firmware I had and B) would work.

Does the TELSTRA T-VOICE® 502 reslove this delema, and then if so, why did they send me t-hub 2 handsets and not t-voice 502's which would be based on the app and has limited success depending on the device the app is on. ?

Also, the t-voice app does not funtion on the 10.3.V.9 firmware. It will call only other t-voice apps, will not make or receive calls to pstn where the dect does vs the coral 15 firmware where the t-voice app calls the dect and works on in/out bound pstn calls while the dect will make / receive the call but not pass the audio in/out of the pstn call.

Why in all the calls back and forward did not one tech including a Level 2 know this.

where is the fall down occuring? training or knowledge base, given that I have been searching and posting and until I read the latest posts in this thread as it ever been mentiond that the issue was in fact the firmware is not compatable with the confifuration explained.

Will the programmers fix this? one would postulate a funtion that was compatible and working should always be compatible and working. You don't usually break a working option.

please note the handsets were sent after the update not before.

Your insight would be of interest.

Rob

edit: added extra info re t-voice app

NOT a Telstra Employee

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Rob, 

I don't believe the TELSTRA T-VOICE® 502 will resolve the dilemma as it pairs directly to the modem using DECT.    

NBN services which are using the VOIP component are still able to use the land line telephony feature by connecting a phone or base station directly to the green phone port on the back of the modem.

The current incompatibility with DECT and the latest firmware is a technological issue and I am assuming will be addressed in future updates.

However, if you would like to take this further I would advise that you contact our complaints team who will be able to raise these issues to the relevant departments.

- Ben D

Highlighted

Hi Ben,

We are already at this process. The modem I recevied was to replace the coral 15 updated modem that was not working correctly.

The rush for the update was about them calling today to see if the new modem had fixed the issues involved around receiving / sending calls via handsets successfully.

The issue is that they only had handsets, no base stations. A t-hub 2 base station would have solved the issue by having the phones paired to the t-hub base station and not the gateway

So ... my options are a) dont update to coral 15 and not have air working in my area  and not have a working landline function or b) stay at 10.3 with a half working system in hope that by the time nbn is switched on all will work. I even offered to transition to viop over adsl as the main issue seems to be the dect/t-voice to fxo.

It would appear that no one is/was aware of the coral 15 / dect issue as a replacement phone with dect base would have also solved the issue, but with all the back and forward with tech support, we all aggread it must have been a bad firmware application. Having the system fucntions limited has essaserbated the time as whle my field is radio / pc development and programming and I could not access the mpbx area to check/confirm what the fault is and why.

I could only tell them that whenever an fxo call was made/recived that the line associated with the dect was invalid.

there is probalby such a simple fix, but not one person able to access the configuation to diagnose it.

thanks

Rob

NOT a Telstra Employee

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Rob,

The T-Hub2 reached it's 'end of life' with us toward the end of last year, which is probably why there was no base station or tablet on offer, just the handsets which uses DECT to work with the T-Hub2.

There is another option, if you wish to update the firmware to enable Telstra Air,  then you can use a different telephone/ handset/ base station that can be connected into the green port on the telephone.

Clearly is it not a simple fix otherwise it would have been addressed in the firmware update. Because the firmware is owned by the vendor and not open source, all defects and bugs need to be tested from both Telstra's side and the vendor's side. Fixes may come available, however at this time we cannot advise if this will be addressed in any future firmware updates.

- Ben

Highlighted

Hi Ben.

That is were the problem started..

The fxo port was not allowing dial in/out. The result was ring only no answer or no ability to dial out.

I have experienced this in the 10.x version prior to the 15.1 update. but in the 10.x version there was no interaction with the fxo port at all.

Rob

NOT a Telstra Employee

Highlighted

I realise this is an older thread, but I need to know what to do now.

I have the  T-Gateway (797 V3) and I have two DECT handsets, plus a THUB2 Tablet.

The firmware Updated automatically, even though the THUB2 Tablet and both DECT handsets  were registered.

SInce this update went through ,the THUB2 Tablet can successfully make and receive calls, but both handsets have no audio.  All will ring on incoming call.

Why does the DECT component of the THUB2 Tablet work but not the THUB handsets?

What can I do to resolve this issue now?

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Can any body explain to me where to block or remove wifi devices in this stupid new version of Technicolor TG797n v3 firmware to Coral 15.1.

I have phoned Bigpond and the Technicolor company and the one just reveres me to the other one without any resolution to the problem

Telstra either you sort that out or I want another modem with software that are user friendly. 

Highlighted

Hi Diveau,

select the advanced button

click on the wireless card

Scroll dow to the bottom

Change ACL to disable

click on add new MAC address

enter the mac you want to block in xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx format

click on the + button at the end of the form entry

done

no need to reboot.

Rob

NOT a Telstra Employee

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi tried it but still cannot remove wireless devices on the desktop

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Diveau, 

When you mention 'desktop' are you meaning your computers desktop or the main screen of the modems user interface?

If you are looking to block certain WiFi enabled devices from connecting to your modems WiFi broadcast, you may wish to take a look at the Parental Control section of your modems' user interface.

When you log onto the modem, click on the Parental Control icon at the top of the screen.

The following thread may help by giving you an idea of how to block the devices. 

Ben

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Brendan75,

In theory, if you had T-Hub2 handsets registered/concreted via DECT, the update shouldn't have been pushed through since it's incompatible with T-Hub2 handsets.

If you haven't preformed a factory reset on your TG797, we may be able to get the firmware rolled back for you so your handsets work again.  I'll send you a private message requesting some further details.

Ben

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more