Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Use Telstra Smart Modem Technicolour DJA0231 won't show USB drive in File Explorer

I have installed the smart modem. I can see a USB drive in the modem's home page and under content sharing, but I cannot see it in W10 File Explorer, so I am unable to use it. Network discovery is on (private). Can you suggest how to make it visible?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Use Telstra Smart Modem Technicolour DJA0231 won't show USB drive in File Explorer

Make sure SMB 1.0 is enabled in Windows 10 See last image and last paragraph of section 23 of document linked in this post for how to enable SMB 1.0.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Telstra-Smartmodem-Gen-2-Technicolor-version-...

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Use Telstra Smart Modem Technicolour DJA0231 won't show USB drive in File Explorer

Thank you, cf4

This has fixed my problem and I like your unofficial manual. I'd found the manual on my old gateway helpful too.

Just some comments for others who may be thinking of the port as providing a NAS:

First impressions are that moving data is slow, and ejecting the PHDD  was so slow I thought that the ejection process had failed.

I was disappointed that File Explorer would not tell me how much of a partition had been used/was free, and finding out how many MB a folder was holding was was also slow.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more