SJC1
Level 2: Rookie

Using Guest WIFI Account on Telstra Smart Modem no upload speed

Answered

I have enabled both guest accounts 2.4 & 5g on the modem. When I do speed tests I get a download speed of around 46 however the upload speed is 0.09. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SJC1
Accepted Solution

Re: Using Guest WIFI Account on Telstra Smart Modem no upload speed

Thanks for the help, ended up calling Telstra, 2 hrs on the phone can’t believe it still not fixed in the process of escalating the issues, shouldn’t expect this with a new install. Thanks again to those that replied.

@SJC1 wrote:

I have enabled both guest accounts 2.4 & 5g on the modem. When I do speed tests I get a download speed of around 46 however the upload speed is 0.09. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Dowser
Level 17: Bureau Chief
Level 17: Bureau Chief

That upload figure appears to be too low.

Do you obtain the same speeds when on your normal WiFi account?.

+ please also do the same test (using an Ethernet connection) on your computer.

SJC1

Hi, speeds on the normal account are download 53 upload 18 all working fine. Can not test ethernet right now but has not been an issue in the past, its only the upload on the guest accounts which are the issue.

cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

What model modem do you have (DJA0230, DJA0231 or LH1000). Model number is on the label on the bottom of the modem.

SJC1

I will need to check, I have left the property for today. It is one of the black ones, only installed in the last 2 months if that helps

SJC1
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the help, ended up calling Telstra, 2 hrs on the phone can’t believe it still not fixed in the process of escalating the issues, shouldn’t expect this with a new install. Thanks again to those that replied.

@SJC1 wrote:

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more