VP2007
Level 1: Cadet

We have ADSL and Telstra sign me up for 5G WiFI Pro

Why doesn’t Telstra listen to customers?
We have been duped into signing a new 24 month contract  (because our old plan finished back in 2014) we needed more download/upload speed to power our cabled devices which was clearly explained to them after 2 hours on the phone to be told we need 5G as we don’t have NBN. So the package arrives with a mobile device. USELESS 

Trying to return it and cancel the contract as it isn’t fit for purpose .

Anyone have success as they won’t respond to chat and impossible to speak to someone that listens and understands.

Who do I contact?
tried chat

phoned - always get someone that can’t speak English and hangs up mid way conversation 

HELP please

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Dowser
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Re: We have ADSL and Telstra sign me up for 5G WiFI Pro

What device was delivered and why do you consider it “useless”?.

cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Suggest you lodge a complaint here. Telstra should respond to complaint within 48 hours. I lodged a complaint using the link and had a response within a couple of hours and looks like the issue is close to being finalized a day after making complaint.

Emily99
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @VP2007 

That sounds like a pretty frustrating situation. What sort of issues were you having with our chat team in getting this one sorted?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more