Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Why am I having DNS problems

Hiya - I have been having DNS problems - something I've never had to deal with before - No internet - but wifi does light up - M/r is netgear- Is this a Telstra problem, or my modem/router ? Driving me nuts - I went out and wasted $187 on a new m/r which also did not connect me to the internet - help!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Why am I having DNS problems

Not good at all to read about your service issues. Are you still in need of help with this? Were there any outages in your area?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Why am I having DNS problems

I'm also having DNS issues but only in the afternoon/evening and only with a small number of sites, including netspeed.com.au (which is my main email provider).  Randomly most afternoons when I try to access Netspeed my browser or Outlook tells me it can't resolve the hostname but there's no problem resolving the other sites I usually deal with.

I can fix the problem by disconnecting from my NBN modem and reconnecting but it's a  nuisance and besides, why would the DNS lookup fail on an isolated hostname?  

What could be happening here?  Is Telstra aware of this?  Can it be fixed so that I don't have to deal with it every afternoon?  

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more