Brendan_g
Level 2: Rookie

Wi-Fi Booster 2 kicking devices off

Answered

Hi,
I have the the Telstra Smart Modem 2 (Arcadyan) and Smart Wi-Fi Booster 2.
At present I get about 24-48 hours of uninterrupted network use before household devices start getting kicked off the network - i.e. you have to select wifi network from your laptop over and over again - which gets progressively worse until I reset everything.  

It seems if I remove the wi-fi mesh booster altogether the issue stops happening, so I'm attributing the issue to the booster.  It doesn't seem to involve an IP/device conflict so I'm assuming this is another Arcadyan issue.  The model number is WE410443B-TA and the firmware is  2.02.60 08

Has anyone experienced/resolved this issue before?

Thanks

Brendan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
343GuiltySpark
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Wi-Fi Booster 2 kicking devices off

Modem and booster firmware are both up to date. If you've reset both and they're still playing up I'd call up for further support/having the device replaced.
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
343GuiltySpark

I have a WiFi booster running at home and I haven't noticed any issues. Is the WiFi name and password on the booster the same as on your modem?
Brendan_g

Thanks @343GuiltySpark 

I haven't set a separate password for the Booster, I used WPS pairing so they both show up under the same Acradyan menu on the network (the booster is listed with the 'Wifi Devices' tabs).

Whenever I try to log directly in to the booster it takes me back to that menu.

Brendan.

343GuiltySpark

Could try factory resetting the modem and the booster. What firmware version does the modem have?
Brendan_g

I did reset both - and am slightly reluctant to do that again as I have fixed IPs on various smart home devices as well as network settings which were reset last time – but could do that again if it is the only other option. 

The firmware is  0.08.06r

Immediately after I wrote the first post the intermittent dropouts started again; I turned off the booster and nothing has happened since - its clearly the booster, very odd. 

Thanks for your help. 

343GuiltySpark
Accepted Solution

Modem and booster firmware are both up to date. If you've reset both and they're still playing up I'd call up for further support/having the device replaced.

View solution in original post

cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

@Brendan_g wrote:

I did reset both - and am slightly reluctant to do that again as I have fixed IPs on various smart home devices as well as network settings which were reset last time – but could do that again if it is the only other option. 

The settings off the Arcadyan can be saved to disk and restored after a factory reset. To save settings log into modem and go to Advanced > Management.

Brendan_g

gah, now I just feel silly! Thanks @cf4  - I'll try one more time - @343GuiltySpark I agree, if a further factory reset doesn't work I assume there is a hardware issue. I suspected this, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something fundamental (not just missing the save-to-disk settings option) as I suspect it will be challenging to convince the support line of such.

Cheers

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more