Level 1: Cadet

WiFi Booster for V7610 Business Smart Modem

I have a Telstra Business Smart Modem V7610 and I'm looking for a compatible Wifi Booster.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Re: WiFi Booster for V7610 Business Smart Modem

Hi - according to a current Telstra offer, if you order a Telstra Smart Booster Gen 2 and your current modem is not compatible, you qualify for a $0 modem upgrade and Telstra will send you a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 to replace your modem. The Boosters are compatible with Telstra Gen 1.1 and Gen 2 modems only, so I assume you qualify - suggest you confirm with Telstra first. 

One forum post did this and received the Booster but is still waiting for the Gen 2 modem to arrive, so not sure if Telstra has current stock issues or lack of good internal communication synchronisation for logistical processes.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/home-broadband/wifi-booster/td-p/897994

@David701 - maybe keep try phoning Telstra during Off Peak times - the Booster works with the Technicolor DJA0230 (Gen 1.1)  and the DJA0231 (Gen 2) modems only, so if your Technicolor is an earlier version, you qualify. I assume your current modem is known to Telstra per your account records and it may have had to be reconfirmed when you ordered the Booster. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more