Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Wifi booster not updating firmware

I have an existing Telstra smart wifi booster 2 (m35h-map) connected to modem model Dja0230 that has been working so well that I went and bought another.

The second booster has been a nightmare... I connected as per previous, it goes through the firmware update routine (flashing purple light) get to solid blue and after 3 mins Drops out and repeats.

when I lookup the gateway I see the booster that works has a firmware of 2.02.62_24 while the one that doesn’t work is stuck on a firmware of 2.02.51_01.... suspect this is my problem

i have rebooted the booster, paired with the modem, tried with a cable to the lan ports and tried it without... have left it running for over 24hrs..... tried web support who were of zero assistance.

any suggestions on a fix or even who in Telstra will provide support (please don’t direct me to a  T shop) would be much appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Wifi booster not updating firmware

Have you tried resetting both new booster and modem and then setting it up without the other booster connected?

Highlighted

I’ve powered modem and booster off and on again with the original one disconnected.... same result.... if I factory reset the modem What are the chances it will still reconnect with the nbn after? Will I need to reconfig anything? And btw how do I reset it?

Highlighted

The modem will automatically reconnect to NBN after reset. If you have changed any settings such as WiFi SSID or password you will have to reconfigure these settings.

Highlighted

Ok, I’ve reset both modem and booster but still have the same cycling between purple and blue

Highlighted

You will have to contact Telstra support and lodge a fault. Best way to contact Telstra is to use the messaging function on the My Telstra app. You should be able to leave a message for some one to contact you. Make sure notifications for the app are turned of as it could be several hours before you get a reply and if app is not open and notifications are turned off you might miss the reply.

Highlighted

Thanks for your help anyway... I actually started with messaging Telstra for support from the app... after first being told they don’t support the booster they switched me between agents who repeated all the questions from earlier in the thread and then asked for sometime to investigate.... after 24hrs of nothing I responded to the last message and was directed back to Codi to start the process from scratch (I didn’t) ... So tried to call Telstra support.... went through all the IVR prompts with the outcome being they indicated they were busy at the moment... sent me a link back to online again and the IVR hung up the call.... Tried to engage the Tstore but was told they don’t sell the booster and directed me online..... wonder if Telstra monitors this page and more particularly if they are aware how their service strategy appears to be so monumentally broken.

Highlighted

@Yastiandrie is monitoring the apps performance. I will send them them a link to this post.

Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Ted28 - Hi, did you Factory Reset the DJ0230 as well - paperclip into Reset hole for 10 seconds with power ON - that puts modem back to Default settings and, if lucky , it may update firmware if applicable. The last firmware version of the DJA0230 known to me was 18.c 0462-950 RA. Any custom modem settings will need to be re-entered. Suggest to also do the same with Booster 1 to get a fresh pairing and then hopefully Booster 2.

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I agree. Hard reset the new booster. And try again to have it update its firmware.

I know what I am talking about.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more