CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Wifi has stopped broadcasting

Answered

For several months, I've had a Telstra Gen 2 box (Champagne 18.1.c) which has worked normally.

A week ago, the wifi stopped being visible to new devices.  Most existing devices are still able to connect normally, but new devices can't find it or be manually programmed in. 

I checked the settings and they all look ok for both 2.4 & 5 GHz - Access points are enabled, Broadcast SSID is enabled, etc.

Activating the WPS button has no effect.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Wifi has stopped broadcasting

There was a recent firmware upgrade (18.1c.443.950RA) that killed the 2.4 GHz WiFi on that modem. The firmware version number is displayed on the LHS of the log in screen. The new devices might only support the 2.4GHz WiFi band and that is why they can't connect. If your modem has this firmware 18.1c.443.950RA suggest you ring support and report the modem's 2.4 GHz WiFi band as faulty and request that they supply a replacement..

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

There was a recent firmware upgrade (18.1c.443.950RA) that killed the 2.4 GHz WiFi on that modem. The firmware version number is displayed on the LHS of the log in screen. The new devices might only support the 2.4GHz WiFi band and that is why they can't connect. If your modem has this firmware 18.1c.443.950RA suggest you ring support and report the modem's 2.4 GHz WiFi band as faulty and request that they supply a replacement..

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for that. 

Yes it is that firmware version so I'll get in touch with Telstra.  

Nothing like testing updates before release!

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@rachel99 wrote:

Thanks for that. 

Yes it is that firmware version so I'll get in touch with Telstra.  

Nothing like testing updates before release!

@rachel99 Yeah your right and that release was one of the biggest stuff-ups to date. So many devices rely on 2.4 GHz WiFi.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more