DeeToo
Level 1: Cadet

wifi modem shows no wifi service

I have a 4G telstra wifi modem for when i travel away from home.  It had plenty of data and 2 weeks till expiry but it is showing no wifi service when switch it on.  I have tried all the troubleshooting (which is not really disigned to be for a prepaid modem), checked Testra for outages in our area and come up with nothing to date.  I have just recharged a further 6 months of data, thinking that doing this would fix the problem but it has not. It has been a month since I last used it, and about 4 days since I realised it was showing no internet service.  Now wondering if the modem is the problem and that I have lost my money by recharging.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: wifi modem shows no wifi service

Have you removed the SIM and replaced it? You may also need to go into a Telstra Store and get the SIM replaced as it may be faulty. They could also check to see if there is anything wrong with the service on the account level.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi DeeToo. 

Are you still having trouble with this? If so can you please try turning off the phone and removing the SIM card from your phone. Leave the phone off and the SIM out for 10 mins, then reinstall the SIM card & re-start your phone. This will force a network update through to your mobile and can sometimes fix these issues.

If there are no outages and the SIM restart does not help, please can you go to our troubleshooting page https://tel.st/2bwfy and click on the "Fix an Issue" icon to go through guided support steps to help diagnose the issue. This will also provide next steps if it is unable to resolve the problem. 

Let me know how you go after giving that a try.

- Tom 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi DeeToo. 

Just checking in to see if you need a further hand?

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more