TKN
Level 2: Rookie

Wifi’s randomly disconnecting and reconnecting after few seconds multiple times a day

Answered

Since I joined Telstra my wifi’s disconnects randomly in a day and reconnects after few seconds or minutes. Is anyone experiencing same issues?

I have couple of Ethernet connected devices working fine and modem do not show any sign of wifi’s disconnects.

This is happening everyday and Telstra team trying hard to understand but there is nothing recorded from Telstra monitoring system 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Wifi’s randomly disconnecting and reconnecting after few seconds multiple times a day

What is the model of you modem? There are two different models of the Gen 2 modem the DJA0231 and the LH1000. There is a label on the bottom of the modem with the model written on it.

View solution in original post

TKN
Accepted Solution

Re: Wifi’s randomly disconnecting and reconnecting after few seconds multiple times a day

Model number is DJA0231TLS

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
cf4

This could be due to a device on your network not supporting protected management frames. Suggest you try turning of PMF in modem. See this Wiki for explanation off PMF and how to turn off.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/broadband-nbn/wifi-issues-due-to-protected-management-frames/...

TKN

Today we are not at home evening around 8:30 PM we experienced wifi’s disconnects for few seconds and reconnecting 

cf4
Accepted Solution

What is the model of you modem? There are two different models of the Gen 2 modem the DJA0231 and the LH1000. There is a label on the bottom of the modem with the model written on it.

TKN
Accepted Solution

Model number is DJA0231TLS

TKN

I suspect the modem is faulty 

cf4

Normally when the modem's WiFi is faulty the WiFii stops working completely. Usually when there is intermittent WiFi fault it is not due to a faulty modem. I was hoping you had the other modem as its log usually gives a good indication of what is causing intermittent WiFi problems. 

One thing you could try is setting a fixed WiFi channel for both of the modem's WiFi bands. Select a non DFS channel on the 5 GHz WiFi band. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more