Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Wireless doorbell no longer works after moving to Smart Modem Gen2

It cuts out daily or every second day. I paid top dollar as well. Theybcame to my home at least 6 times changing cords knowing very well it was the connection. Nothing to do with the products . Most customers give up on the phone because you spend hours on the phone daily. Which I did. Left it on the speaker. I did not work at the time. So I had time on my hands 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Can you tell me why you are charging me 300 dollars when I stopped my account over 6 months ago and forced me to reopen my account so I could talk with yous. 

All my chat contacts. You choose not to answer.

Today I will phone again. Yesterday I gave up after an hour but today I have the day off so I will keep it on speaker. 

I find it disgusting yous charge me many months latter and telling me why this bill was inflicted on me. Your billing customers is absolutely disgusting 

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Sorry to hear you’ve had the Telstra run-around.. A firmware upgrade for the Technicolor modems is imminent which fixes this issue. It is being rolled out to all devices from next week. (Version 18.1.c.0514-950-RB).

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I hope so as it’s been ridiculous. I’m moving come August unless it’s rectified. My mobile will not stay connected and after 1 week trying to get my wireless wifi cameras to connect and three different Telstra people telling me all to try the same thing it got nowhere. I couldn’t even speak to someone on the phone as I got to use toge app or Telstra message. 
  The service I received has been terrible actually.

I have now, thanks to someone on crowd support got my outdoor camera at least connected but it doesn’t stay on all the time and my mobile will now not stay connected.

Highlighted

I just tied this agin and it actually worked thank goodness. Everyone from Telstra just acted like I was stupid and then wanted to charged me more money to still not know.

One thing, do you know if the guest wifi is only up to a certain amount of Data or anything? I’ve unlimited data (when it’s working or modem not continually resetting or whatever)

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Data used on the guest WiFi network is not metered separately. You will have unlimited data on your guest network if your connection has unlimited data.

Highlighted

Omgosh, I finally got one of the cameras recognised on the guest wifi network and everything so Thankyou.

Now I’ve just got to find out why my signal is 90% red and rest orange. Older modem didn’t ever have any issue at all and I had best reception for my area so thinking of just buying a better modem. 

Highlighted

Thankyou. This simple answer worked and I took a screenshot and have now successfully helped another 22 people in a Kmart mums group with the same issue.

Why Telstra couldn’t tell any of us this over a week and hours upon hours is beyond me but THANKYOU from all of us

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more