Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

2nd phone line costs...

I am trying to ascertain the costs to have a 2nd phone line installed. I currently have an active phone service with Telstra and the cable that comes into my premises is 2 pair (like most others I assume). So, there is no 2nd phone socket, just the one so would it mean that my existing cable the 2nd pair would be used for the 2nd line???

The CSR (online chat) seemed to indicate to me that I would need a new cable run to my house because they couldn't see a 2nd line on my property, well, mmmm this is true because there has only ever been one service activated here.

Can a rep please enlighten me on the costs so I have an idea of what I'd be paying.

Thankyou

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: 2nd phone line costs...

It'll start at $300 I'd be guessing.

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: 2nd phone line costs...

If the line isn't already connected to a socket then you'd be looking at a new line connection fee (regardless of the number of pairs running to your house).

The normal fee for this is $299, plus and additional $100 if you disconnect the line (or change it to a NakedDSL service/another ULL provider) within the first 3 months of connection.

This can be confirmed by looking under the heading of Connection & moving fees located here - about 2/3 of the way down the page.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more