PaulC
Level 1: Cadet

Big problems connecting our service

Hi all,

We have recently moved into a new house (new build in a brand new development surrounded by existing established properties) and we are having a big drama trying to get Telstra service connected.

I thought I would be proactive and ring Telstra to sign up for my bundle weeks in advance to moving in so that there would be no delay. The salesperson promised me the world and that getting a technician out the first week we were in the house would be no problem at all. Here's what happened next:

11-OCT-12:

I get an SMS saying that there has been a delay in processing my bundle. Upon calling Telstra back several times I finally find out that while the conduits are in our street, Telstra have not in fact pulled any phone lines through. I am told I cannot get service at this time, and there is no timeframe for resolution.

15-OCT-12

Telstra calls me to say that a project has been commenced to have our street sorted by 19-Nov. In the interim the can provide me with the Interim STS service etc etc etc, which I accept.

19-22 OCT-12

We receive five seperate pieces of correspondance in the mail about the delayed bundle, the Interim STS, and information about our bundle. I must also point out that these were sent to two different addresses and my name had been spelled incorrectly, which had a flow on effect to my email address.

22-26 OCT-12

Numerous phone calls to Telstra to try and get an update are pretty much useless.

30-OCT-12

Spend over 2 hours on the phone with 4 different people in various departments. One individual even tells me that my phone line is hooked up now and that I should go home and plug a phone in. I should get a dial tone. He will ring me the next day to confirm. There was no dial tone and he did not ring back.

Further to the above, the land line number I was given on the initial sales call had been changed. I was given a landline number that is only available in an adjacent suburb and he told me what my new landline number will be. I now have to go to all the people I had already informed about the number and change the information.

Not twenty minutes after the above call, someone else at Telstra rings me with no knowledge whatsoever of the previous two hours I've spent on the phone. He tells me that the service that was supposed to be connect by 19-Nov has now been delayed to 27-Nov!

Also on this day, I finally spoke to a supervisor in one of the call centres who was kind enough to sort my Foxtel service prior to the bundle being processed.

I explained to him about the complete confusion surrounding my order and the fact that no two Telstra employees seemed to have the same information about my account. I also explained that I was not impressed at all that the phone lines are not available in my street and furthermore, what's to say it will not be delayed again. He accepted that Telstra really could do better and that he would follow up for me and try to get the project moved forward. To say the least, I am skeptical as to what influence he can have.

31-OCT-12

Another Telstra representative rings me to tell me that my service has been delayed until 27-Nov. I know, I say, and I'm really not happy about it. Thanks for calling and telling me what I already knew.

So...

Can anyone help?!?

I have not been assigned to a case manager. Is there anyone out there who can speak to the status of the projects and when/if they will actually be completed? Given that this debacle has been going for three weeks now, I am starting to think that internet service before Christmas might be wishful thinking.

For info, we are in Manly West, QLD, 4179.

I do have the option of using the wireless dongle or tethering to my iPhone. That is fine for the short term until the service is connected, but I want the bundle I was promised. To say that all my dealings with Telstra to this point have been confusing, frustrating, and disappointing would be an understatement.

Thank you in advance,

PaulC

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
DKF

Re: Big problems connecting our service

Paul you are not on your own and the problems are just the same in Victoria. 

last Friday we moved into our newly constructed home after demolishing our old house.

Three weeks prior I like you tried to be proactive and arrange things in advance.

All to no avail, all I need is a cable run from the street to the house through the new conduit the builder put in.

Do you think I can speak to someone who knows what to do?

I have made so many calls and spoken to so many people who have no idea what I am talking about,each call being at least 30-60 mins. I got tried of talking to call centres obviously not in Australia employing people who I couldn't understand and they didn't understand what I was talking about.

Today I had a technician show up, he stated what I needed wasn't his job.

having to make numerous calls again,I spent most of the time being told someone will ring me back or I can't get through to the correct department.

i just kept ringing every number I been given over the last few weeks, I even rang the sales department in an attempt to speak to an Australiagirl hat girl actually new her job, but told emit would be 6weeks to connect the cable.

i kept ringing bigpond and on my 7th call of the day spoke to someone who was able to promise me someone would show up tomorknowing exam exactly what I discussed with him and a new cable will be run in.

the proof will be what happens tomorrow. I suggest you just keep ringing and going through the painful I'd process until you speak to a competent person who can answer your questions and find a resolution.

The same thing happened when we moved out of the original house into a rental.

sorry to be the beard of bad news but perseverance is the only advicei can offer 

just keep ringing until you gewash at you want,speak to supervisors,make complaints.

hopefully you resolve it without going insane. 

Unfortunately their customer service is just incredibly bad.

good luck

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Paul

Your issue relates to No Network Provisioning.... I'm going back a while, but there was a Team in Brisbane who used to deal with this (Probably still does). They were known as the CCE (Centre for Customer Experience) which is an ironic name considering their customers were the most narky.

I would encourage you to contact LiveChat and see if you can get their number, it should be noted in the order what is going on. If you don't get any satisfaction, indicate in the survey thats the case, and go in again, and request the issue be escalated to a Manager.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

PaulC

Thanks for the replies gents.

I tried the Live Chat link and got transferred between a couple of people who had no idea what to tell me. Then I got one of the people from Held Order Management to call me who told me a whole bunch of information I already knew. When I pushed the point and said I wanted to speak to a manager he put me on hold for over ten minutes and then the call disconnected. I called back to 1800 1300 15 and waited on hold and then immediately asked to be put through to a manager. I was informed that there were no managers on site as they were all in product meetings, but rest assured, I would receive a call back within 24 hours.

I'm not going to hold my breath.

The customer service at this company is competely useless. And it doesn't matter because I can't go to anyone else because the phone lines (if/when they ever get installed) belong to Telstra!

It is astounding to me that in this day and age a company can actually be run this poorly.

Cheers for trying,

Paul

Ben_F

When you are with 1800 1300 15 you won't be happy... that's the CCE, and their customers were the most upset... up to 3 months for a service connection.

New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F

Sorry, change 3 to 12

New Users - Click Here!

PaulC

After another chat session I actually found someone who was helpful and have now been assigned a case manager. I won't hold my breath that anything will happen soon, but hopefully this person contacts me and is at least able to attempt to sort out the problem.

I've heard the horror stories about 12 months for connections too. I just can't believe that a company can actually operate this way in this day and age...

Cheers,

PaulC

1skyworld
Level 2: Rookie

3 months so far for me! I hate this company. They just dont care. And every time you call or chat on line with a different person, that means you have to repeat your story again. Do they have a case manager? Can we hold on to anyone that can help!

Need help seriously!!!

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more