Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Cannot get phone or internet connection for new house

I have just moved into a new townhouse and am trying to phone and internet connected tbrough the moving team. What a saga....
Anyway, got a call from Telstra this week saying that as NBN rollout is due by the end of this year, I can't get a phone or cable internet line connected until after this work is completed. No worries as Telstra have given me a new smart modem to connect to the internet using their wifi network and I can live without a landline for now.
Then received a call from Telstra telling me that I have to contact NBN to register my address otherwise they will not be able to connect a landline after the rollout???
I spoke to NBN and they didnt have a clue what Telstra was on about.
NBN have said they will get back to me next week.
Why is this so difficult?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Cannot get phone or internet connection for new house

Hi soak01,

I can appreciate your frustration. Please contact us on 1800 834 273 and our team will look into this further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more