Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Change of mobile plan

Answered

I do not wish to move to the new plan. Is my Telstra Flip 2 network locked or can I transfer to a more affordable plan?

Intent - Observation - Intuition
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Change of mobile plan

@Jupiter wrote:

It might not work on Optus, as the specs on the ZTE website say that it is 850 & 2100MHz only on the 3G band (Optus uses 900MHz).

Very good point @Jupiter I didn't think of checking its frequencies.

@MHBrown Try a Boost/Aldi/Belong/Vodafone SIM instead (To name a few). And as @Jupiter mentioned, make sure it works for your new provider. 

BTW: I just recalled a pensioner friend of mine purchased one of these phones awhile ago and it was locked to Telstra. But luckily Mobilecity included the unlock code when it was purchased (He then went to Belong).

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

@MHBrown wrote:

I do not wish to move to the new plan. Is my Telstra Flip 2 network locked or can I transfer to a more affordable plan?

Hi @MHBrown 

If it was purchased from Telstra then I would guess it is locked to them. 

An easy way to tell is to buy a $2 SIM for Optus or Vodafone and see what happens when you boot it up with one of them in it.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the reply ozmos. btw I get the same thing in our fridge.

Intent - Observation - Intuition
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

It might not work on Optus, as the specs on the ZTE website say that it is 850 & 2100MHz only on the 3G band (Optus uses 900MHz).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

@Jupiter wrote:

Very good point @Jupiter I didn't think of checking its frequencies.

@MHBrown Try a Boost/Aldi/Belong/Vodafone SIM instead (To name a few). And as @Jupiter mentioned, make sure it works for your new provider. 

BTW: I just recalled a pensioner friend of mine purchased one of these phones awhile ago and it was locked to Telstra. But luckily Mobilecity included the unlock code when it was purchased (He then went to Belong).

View solution in original post

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more