Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

CHANGING LANDLINE PHONE NUMBERS

I have just recently connected a new landline account with telstra in a new location and want to change the phone number allocated to this line to the phone number that was previously used at a old location.  Both locations are in the same area.

The telephone provider at old location was Iinet and this landline service has been disconnected.

Please advise how I can do this

thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: CHANGING LANDLINE PHONE NUMBERS

Hi Brooksie28,

The two numbers being in the same area may not necessarily mean what you're after is possible. Both numbers would need to be specifically connected to the same exchange.

Generally it would have been a good idea to churn the number from iiNet at the first address and then move it to the new one rather than disconnecting it completely, and then activating a brand new number elsewhere but we can certainly look into whether or not your request is possible.

Have a chat with us here: http://tel.st/49kl and we'll look into it for you.

- Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more