Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Connection issues after moving house

Hello everybody as a first timer here I hope this is posted in the correct area and that we can get some answers/feedback.

Ok, we recently moved from one small town with FTTN and no connection issues or speed issues to another “larger” small town with FTTP already installed and just needing our Smart Modem and Telstra to reconnect us or so we thought. All the necessary information was passed on via a rep in a call centre who have then totally mishandled and double and triple booked our new connection called us numerous times telling us our connection has been made only to find it hasn’t been at all and offering extra “free” data as a way to calm or con not sure really. We spend literally hours each time this happens being told the issues will be resolved only to find that it will be “ another 5 to 10 working days” to be fixed or we need an NBN tech to visit when there is no problem with that side of things or that a visit has been booked for our previous address instead of the new address!!! As I write this my is almost at screaming volume talking to another lot of people in another call centre with no good news it seems. The whole experience since the 21/12/18 has left us wondering what the heck is happening at Telstra and we are about to cancel all Telstra plans and accounts. It is very frustrating and annoying that we pay top dollar for these things and cannot get good or any service 

It may be time to talk to the Communications Ombudsmen because of something as simple as turning off a service at one address and turning it back on at another!!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Connection issues after moving house

Hi @FAF62

Apologies for the delay in replying and for the poor experience you have had with your broadband connection. 

Has this been followed up on or resolved since your post?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more