TPGswitcher
Level 2: Rookie

DISCONNECTION ADVICE ACCOUNT

Please be advised we wish to cancel our Telstra Account <removed for your privacy> effective immediately.

We will be changing service providers due to the continual poor service we have had from Telstra over the past few years. I have called 132200, to advise this, only to be sent a messaging service commencing on Sunday 6th Dec 8.15pm and no response or confirmation thus far. I have tried to send an email which has bounced back. Please advise confirmation by return email of full disconnection of our account, noting the Contract has expired as of Oct 2020.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
TPGswitcher

Re: DISCONNECTION ADVICE ACCOUNT NUMBER 2000055043564.

I have also tried to find the cancel account button in Telstra App and it is not available anywhere. I will be loding a complaint to the Telecommunications ombudsman at the complete inability of Tesltra to answer a phone call or provide a simple way to advise of disconnection. Please action this asap. 

Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

Re: DISCONNECTION ADVICE ACCOUNT NUMBER 2000055043564.

Hi TPGswitcher,

If you are transferring your services to another provider they would need to have an active service & then they will look after the cancellation side of things.

Angela  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Oreo2020

Re: DISCONNECTION ADVICE ACCOUNT

I have been running on a similar hamster wheel, Telstra processed my moving house request 3 weeks early when it was clearly dated on the request as the 26th November.  They then reinstated my access sent another modem which I specifically asked them not to do and have now locked me in to another 3 year contract all without my consent.

I have been doing the 132200 round robin for days and was sent the SMS service which honestly is the most useless service I have ever encountered.   I cannot get hold of an actual person to help me - beyond useless and using COVID as the excuse for poor poorest of poor service just does not fly.

Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Oreo2020, 

Message with us via our app so we can look into this further for you. In the app, there are 5 tabs at the bottom of the page the 4th one is 'get help', you click that & then there's a blue message button you click on, or the ‘message us’ link.

Let me know how you get on.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Oreo2020

Today I received an ETC of $360+ much to my dismay, however as luck would have it (and it was pure luck I expect),  I finally got hold of a real person on 13 22 00 who successfully righted all the wrongs.  Forcing customers who need help down the messaging and app track is such a poor experience when the situation has become complicated, especially where all the complications were caused by Telstra in the first place. 

I will say my very helpful Telstra employee did try to sell me a mobile plan which I mean, read the room buddy, but he still did a great job. 

rgrtht

May I interject Oreo2020?

Do not do that.

I’ve not ever been game to actually phone Telstra (given the endless, unbelievable, tragic stories I’ve heard from literally everyone who’s ever had anything to do with Telstra ever) but I’m afraid to inform you that if you think phoning them is an exercise in futility, frustration, and masochism... the chat function in the My Telstra app is... it’s... they... I...

I recently tried to seek help through chat when my iPhone one day said “SOS” where normally it says “Telstra #stayhome” with a little “4G” next to it and what seems to be a scale of some sort with the smallest column filled in (which I’m going to assume means my 5G signal is Number 1!).

When I try to find the words to describe the experience, I fail utterly, as can be seen. I honestly wouldn’t have thought that such appalling behaviour could so easily escape a prison sentence for so long - surely they must be actively applying an extraordinary, concerted amount of effort in order to be this shockingly, unspeakably useless.

To be blunt, Telstra’s customer service would be improved by several orders of magnitude if they:

a) replaced the entire staff with Tickle Me Elmos,

b) instigated a mandatory, pre-employment lobotomy clause,

c) set fire to the CS building, or my personal recommendation,

c) had no customer service department whatsoever to begin with.

So, as one thinking, feeling, sentient human being to another, I beg you: don’t take “Angela’s” auto-generated advice and use the chat app. You’re life will be richer and more full of light because of it.

Good luck, man.

I drop my phone on my face when texting lying down.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more