Lambert169
Level 2: Rookie

Disconnection

I am trying to disconnect my Telstra services and close my account. When I ring 132200  I get sent to an online chat. After a few question I am told to wait while Telstra checks my details. I wait for 12 hours and never get a response. I do not want to continue being charged. Does anyone know how I can close my account?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Disconnection

Chat is the only method if you can't get through to disconnections on 132200.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Lambert169

Well I can't get through on 13220 and chat doesn't work. so there is no method?

Lambert169

Apparently I just earned a first feet badge. Probably would have preferred a response from Telstra to my request.

Whaat
Level 1: Cadet

I am having the same problem. I have actually spoken to an opperator twice and formally lodged a cancelation request but they have not disconnected the service, I have an expired contract which states that I can disconnect this service. I have contacted Telstra vis email and made formal complainte to ACCC and the Telecommunication Ombudsman and still they are not taking my requests seriously. DO NOT PAY YOUR BILL THAT WILL FORCE A DISCONNECTION. AFTER 6 YEARS THEY CAN NOT ENFORCE THE DEBT. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT DIRECT DEBIT AND HAVE NO MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT. 

ALWAYS GET A PREPAID NOT A POST PAID AS THEY DO NOT WANT YOU OUT OF THESE CONTRACTS. THIS IS LIKE BEING MARRIED AND NOT BEING ABLE TO DIVORCE.

Questions2021

Tomorrow go to the cloest store and close it thier be done quicker 

Questions2021

Depends which country your in 

StaceyL1
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Whaat.

You mentioned you've raised this with the Ombudsman - when was this case raised? Did you have a reference number from this that I can take a look into? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Whaat
Level 1: Cadet

Yes I do. Firstly my account and phone details are as follows. The phone service in question is <Removed for Privacy> and phone number is   <Removed for Privacy>  

PLEASE DISCONNECT THIS SERVICE. 

TIO COMPLAINTS Ref    2021/01/07281

ACCC COMPLAINT REPORT : Web form ID: accc-report:365702. 

Check Your Mobile Plan

Hi Tarnya,
Looks like your plan for <Removed for Privacy> has expired
  •  Plan early termination charge

YET I CAN NOT CANCEL THE PLAN ONLINE. AND TELSTRA MESSAGING DOES NOT CONNECT TO SERVER AFTER TRYING IT OVER 30 TIMES OVER A WEEK. THE LINK THAT THEY GIVE YOU WHEN YOU CALL NEVER CONNECTS. AND THE DISPUTES PROCESS SEND SMS MESSAGES WHEN THEY FEEL LIKE IT. THEY ARE ALSO REFUSING TO DISCONNECT ME.OH AND YOUR LIVE CHAT CONNECTED TO THE CANCELATION LINK NEVER CONNECTS EITHER . I WANT YOU TO GET A FINE FROM ACCC AS I HAVE BEEN PROVIDED A COMPLAINTS PROCESS AND THE DECEPTIVE AND MISLEADING CONDUCT I HAVE ENDURED OVER THE LAST YEAR  CAN NOT BE LEGAL. 
I URGE PEOPLE TO FILE OFFICAL COMPLAINTS AS THAT IS THE ONLY OPITION YOU HAVE. 
Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that reference number. I have noted that on our records here. What will happen next is we will liaise with the TIO when they are in touch. -Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more