muhit04
Level 2: Rookie

Frustrated with the move request

I am with Telstra for several years now, recently I have asked to move my existing service to my new place (~5kms from the existing place). The actual timeline,

15th April 2020 made the move request 

25h April 2020 supposed to get connected

30th April 2020 - Got another date from Telstra of the new connection.

7th May 2020 - since 30th April, I am raising this every day with Telstra, but nobody is doing anything other than being told my connection is "under provision". 

I was running on mobile backup which is quite slow especially evening speed is terrible. Now due to Covid-19, everyone is working from home, poor connection causes me to drop out frequently from meetings. My work is being heavily interrupted. 

The phone lines have long wait (30+ mins) and still, nobody picks up, understandable. Some customer reps in the chat started to show their tantrum as if I've done something wrong, though the majority were very friendly and tried to fix it but they have their limitations. 

Now I want to discontinue my services with Telstra, The chat agent asked me to call the default Telstra line, waited for more than an hour but nobody picked up. I asked him to give the disconnection team a call to my number, was told he cannot do that.

In addition, my address shows nbn ready, Telstra sent ADSL instead. On top, I got a new bill for my old address, so most probably Telstra didn't disconnect the old connection.

Now in summary:

1. Move request hasn't been finished in more than 3+ weeks

2. Address on the bill still shows old address ( Telstra didn't disconnect the old service?)

3. Received ADSL instead of nbn

4. Being told request under "provisioning stage" for more than a week and nobody is doing anything.

5. I was told I will get a callback - nobody called.( happened several times )

6. Not even getting help with discontinuing the services. 

I can't give the internet excuse to work every week. What should I really do now?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
JNga
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Frustrated with the move request

Disappointing to see someone else going through the same thing. 
I've been waiting since March 23rd. Organised a technician for 27th March - Telstra postponed after not showing up on the scheduled day and said they'd update me.

Haven't been able to get an answer since then. Sent multiple emails - don't have time to sit on the phone for hours and seeing all the same stories on these forums doesn't encourage me to bother calling. 

I've had a great experience with Telstra for about 10 years but this sours all of that.

We're approaching 2 months now - not sure why a technician can't simply hook up a connection when tradies and other essential services are still kicking on strong. If anyone knows why they can't - just purely out of curiosity, I'd like to understand. 

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

What do you mean that Telstra sent you ADSL only instead? If you mean the modem, there hasn't been an ADSL only modem for years, the Smart modems work on all available technology types.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
muhit04

Nah, wasn't talking about the modem. Modem is smart gen 2. I was talking about the email they sent with product description and connection types etc. 

Jupiter

Have you entered your new address in to the www.nbnco.com.au website to check to see what type of NBN connection (if any) is available at your new address?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
muhit04

Thanks for that, I just checked it says nbn ready FTTC is available at the moment. 

Jupiter

That's what you'll end up with then. You can't be connected to ADSL once the rollout starts in an area.

So what you'll end up with is an NBN NTD (basically a modem that also powers the Fibre-Copper converter modem in the street), and your Telstra Smart Modem will plug in to that.

Basically, you are waiting for an NBN Co technician to come and install your service.

jhwiz
Level 19: Deputy Director

The address on your bill is entirely different from your service address. Install your nbn FTTC NCD following the setup guide and you'll be connect within a few minutes. Because of the delays at the moment, Telstra are waiving the fee to move your service (usually $89.00)

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.
muhit04

Thanks for your response. Can I setup my own? Provided Telstra told me the connection type is adsl?

Jupiter

You could try plugging in your modem and seeing if it works (it's not going to hurt the modem). If it doesn't work, then ADSL hasn't been activated and you will need to wait for the NBN NTD so that you can connect to FTTC (it doesn't work without the NTD as it provides the power to the device in the street).

muhit04

Thanks, yup I have tried plugging in ADSL nothing. Tried plugging in the coaxial (just incase) nothing. Tried to connect my phone to the ADSL socket, no dial tone. So that's not connected. I've 100gb data on my phone, depending on that at the moment. 

Thank you for your response. 

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more