Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

getting a phone line installed and connected in granny flat

hey i was just wondering if it is possible at all to get a new phone line put into a granny flat i checked online and it says that the address at 17 is nbn ready but it doesn't have a address for the unit out back which is 17b when i went in for the inspection i couldn't see a phone socket and asked the agent she said you might have to cheak the nbn site to see if its available so all in all it is available at the address but there just isent a phone line going to the unit out back so long story short is it possible to get a brand new line put in so i can move my nbn there and how much roughly would it cost

thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: getting a phone line installed and connected in granny flat

Hi @tim53 that's a very good question and from the details I've found this will depend on whether 17b is on the same title as 17, or not. NBN will only supply one line to each title, which means additions on the same block will not be able to have a separate incoming service. But if this was subdivided and now on two titles it may be possible.

https://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home/preparing-for-the-nbn/outbuildings-and-granny-flats.html

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more