Khriscoz
Level 1: Cadet

Getting Cable Internet

Hi all,

I recently just moved and telstra is saying im only eligible for adsl2+ at my house.

I was using cable internet from my previous house and id get normally around 25mbps. I got to say adsl2+ is really slow, i only get 2.4 mbps download speeds and sometimes 4mbps, It such a shock seeing this kind of speed.

Now back  to telstra saying im only eligible for adsl2+, ive noticed in the current house im living i have about 2 wall connector for foxtel cable (1 in master bedroom and 1 living room) also 1 non-foxtel wall cable connector next to the living room.

Is there anyway to get Cable internet at my new home?

Cheers.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Khriscoz

Re: Getting Cable Internet

no one?

Ben_J
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Khriscoz,

Are you certain that the Foxtel connections are not for a previous Satellite installation? They use the same coaxial connectors.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Khriscoz

Hi ben,

I cant see any satellite dish on our roof.

I might have to ask the previous owner of the house if they installed a foxtel satellite.

Cheers.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more