lauren_k_hood
Level 1: Cadet

I am demolishing my house.

Answered

How do I arrange to move the phone line running into the house so it doesn't get damaged and can be reconnected at a later date?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: I am demolishing my house.

Hey lauren_k_hood, welcome to CrowdSupport.

There really isn't a way. Your builder will be responsible for running a new line from the property boundary throughout the house. Once the build is complete and the internal infrastructure is in place, you can place an order with us (or the service provider of your choice) which will get a technician booked to come out and connect the lead-in cable from your house to the pit/pole/etc.

You should be aware that this will likely incur a charge of $299 for being a brand new connection.

In the event that you are in an nbn enabled area, the process is more or less the same, however instead of Telstra Wholesale provisioning the connection, the nbn will.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: I am demolishing my house.

Hey lauren_k_hood, welcome to CrowdSupport.

There really isn't a way. Your builder will be responsible for running a new line from the property boundary throughout the house. Once the build is complete and the internal infrastructure is in place, you can place an order with us (or the service provider of your choice) which will get a technician booked to come out and connect the lead-in cable from your house to the pit/pole/etc.

You should be aware that this will likely incur a charge of $299 for being a brand new connection.

In the event that you are in an nbn enabled area, the process is more or less the same, however instead of Telstra Wholesale provisioning the connection, the nbn will.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more