Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Internet disconnected

While having chat with Rep on Telstra app he/she disconnected our internet connection without getting confirmation from me. All i wanted to do is to cancel my service from a certain date and the rep didn't even ask that question.

We need stable internet as me and my housemate both are working from home. I dont want to chat with anyone as i am dont want to create more problems before solving current ones.

This is such silly way of handling a query. How can you disconnect someone's Internet without checking with them first.

What are my options now any help would be greatly appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Internet disconnected

Your option is to get back on chat. There really isn't any other option at the moment.

Unfortunately there will probably be a delay in getting reconnected.

Note: The reason why they didn't ask you when you wanted to cancel the service from was because that option doesn't exist in the system. You can't cancel in advance.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Internet disconnected

Thanks for the response but if this is the case the Telstra rep should at least ask for one final confirmation. If this is how Telstra operate then i am never coming back to Telstra.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more