Huang1
Level 1: Cadet

Internet electrician for placing wall socket

I had move the new house and need a electrician come and place a telephone wall socket for Internet but the guy who contact with me said I need find someone by myself.

Could you please explain why is that?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Internet electrician for placing wall socket

Not sure. Normally as part of the installation process, the first socket is installed by NBN Co.

What type of internet connection are you getting (enter your address at https://nbnco.com.au and it will tell you)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Huang1

I checked it and it said I am available for FTTC service but I couldn’t find the proper socket for the cable.

Jupiter

Well, that definitely connects via a normal phone socket. The installation of the first connection in a home is usually done by the technician during installation.

Did a technician come out and look at your house and then tell you that you needed to get someone to do it, or did someone just call you?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
HumanBeing

I have also just moved into a new house that apparently doesn't have even a traditional phone socket. I have sockets for the aerial, two foxtel points and what looks like a little white box on a skirting board. How does an old house not even have a connection for a rotary phone? 

I also need someone to come out. But who? Have you worked out who? 

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more