Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Is it possible to have your Telstra services placed on hold?

I have been given notice by the owner of the place I am currently renting that he needs to move back in as he has lost his job. 

I am contemplating moving home until I can find something or just buying. However, between now and the time it will take me to find somewhere I will not need my Telstra services. I am hoping that, like gym memberships, your account t a d services can be put on hold and released once I am in my next residence. 
I really do not want to cancel and start again. 
I also have a significant credit on my account that should be refunded regardless. 
If anyone has been through this or have any advice it would be gratefully received. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Is it possible to have your Telstra services placed on hold?

Hey @BTG11

We've never offered the option to place a hold on your account. The reason behind this is the service would need to remain active at the property and this prevents the new tenants/owners connecting an active service. The good thing is we no longer offer new bundles with contracts so it shouldn't make much of a difference if you disconnect and reconnect. Once your service is disconnected we will refund the credit on your account, just be sure to update your forwarding address. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more