Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Lead-in Cable Installation Process

Hello,

We are about to sub-divide a existing block of land and build two townhouses on it.  The existing house will be demolished to do this. There is currently Cable 3.0 and Copper available (no NBN yet) to the property. The pole is across the street and there is a pit on the nature strip next door.

Can someone please tell me what our electrician has to prepare for each property as far as Lead-in cable requirements go? Keep in mind that each property will have separate owners and therefore will require separate billing (i.e. completely separate from each other! )

Thanks in advance

SWB

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Lead-in Cable Installation Process

Highlighted

Thanks for the link! I have had a look at that and it has provided some help. However, we have the lines across the road and there is a pit on our side of the road on the nex tdoor nature strip - we are requiring specific details on how to prepare the cables for the two dwellings we are about build and where to terminate them for connection to the Lead-in cables. For example, will there be a new pit run to our nature strip for this purpose or what...?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi SWB,

Please contact our Pre-Provisioning team on 1800 895 319 and they'll go through this with you. Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Thanks Ben - I'll do that soon(ish!)
Highlighted

Hi swb
I am doing the same thing subdivision and now needing trenching work underground cabling done, do you mind telling me how much it costs you last time for the work? I have got a quote around $4400 inc gst, is this sounds right? Or it's too much?
Thanks for your reply
Highlighted

We had a company do our trenching and run in the new cable for us they did the connection to the house and Telstra connected the line into the pit, it all ran very smoothly. the website is SECURE A COM  and they did it for just under 2k 

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more