Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Lead in Connection - Trenching

I have asked TELSTRA to provide the lead in connection from the PIT to the Boundary of my house.

We are nearing compeltion of a new buid and the builder has completed the conduit from the house to the boundary.

Telstra representatives are advising me that they will not assist unless I take out an order for an additional service - they feel that I may move to another ISP so advise me that I will need to either sign up or contract a local technisican to enable the service.

I have spoken to Carol, Mark and Patrick and a couple of others - I was given a number at IGSM who required a reference number (which Telstra would not provide).

Are Telstra the only company that can provide the service?  I understand it should cost about $299 from previous posts on the website.

THanks.

Nick 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Lead in Connection - Trenching

Generally speaking no one will connect it until you place an order for a service, but any carrier who provides service on the Telstra network which you wish to connect with can place the order with Telstra Wholesale.

That can be an order for just a phone service or for a bundle, but all retailer providers are usually able to place the new connection order with Telstra Wholesale the same.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

In Telstra's system, to install the physical conduit, it needs to be associated with a service.

If you were to go with another ISP/carrier, you would place the order with them (for a new service) and then they'd organise for Telstra to do the work. Telstra are the only organisation that are allowed to organise the work outside of NBN activated areas.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

DrQwerty90 and Jupiter are on the money, I would add only one thing:

If the physical trenching needs to be performed, you will need to contact the Pre-Provisioning Team on 1800895319. As this is no longer work Telstra performs, you will be given the contact details of a contractor in your area who can perform that work. As has been indicated above however, an order for a connection needs to be in place, with Telstra or another provider, for any action to be taken.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more