Samvan
Level 1: Cadet

Line Connection

We are finding it difficult to obtain accurate information regarding the connection of a phone line which is ADSL capable at the address we are moving to in two weeks. Upon contacting Telstra, the consultant said ADSL is not available at said address, the house is brand new and nearing completion so hence no phone line connected although all plugs are already in and cable run to road. I made contact with another resident in said complex who assures me that they have ADSL at home and all is working fine. I am struggling to make contact with Telstra again to confirm the other residents details with them.. Bottom line is what is going on?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DanK
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Line Connection

Hi Samvan,

If it is an entirely new home that has never had a phone line connected previously then it is highly likely that the service qualification for ADSL cannot be performed and as a result returns an unavailable result.

Until a phone line is phyisically connected and a service ordered can't we be sure if ADSL will be available to you. What you have described, the differing information, sounds like a case of a skill gap for the agent that you spoke to originally or they did not realise that it was a completely new home.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more