patti84
Level 1: Cadet

Moved into smart community

Hi

I moved into a smart community and called to set up my home phone and Internet through velocity. 8 weeks later i still have no working home phone or internet

. When I plug my home phone into the 2 points in the wall, neither of them has a dial tone. Do I need to purchase a specific type of phone in order for it to work? The one I am attempting to use is brand new so I wouldn't have thought it would be faulty? When ringing telstra they have said the phone line has definitely been connected and there is no problem from their end. In regards to my Internet the account has been connected but I am still waiting for the modem I've been told I need to have, to arrive. I have already called once and they said they were sending another one out but I'm still waiting. Is it possible to use a regular modem? Altho if the phone isn't working is it safe to assume the Internet connection wouldn't be either? Getting really frustrated at this stage and trying to find information about smart communities and velocity on the telstra website is like trying to pull teeth!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Moved into smart community

Hi Patti, If indeed the service is avitive your normal tone dialing handsets should be working just fine.

Did  a technician l come out to provision your Telstra Velocity fibre?

Did you indicate to the tech which sockets in the house you will be using for phone and which one you will use for your modem so that he could patch it all into the Fibre box for you. Did the tech test that the phones are working while he/she was there also?

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
patti84
Level 1: Cadet

I never actually spoke to or saw a technician, just got a text msg to say my move request had been completed!
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero

Right, well I'd suggest I'm afraid that you should be making direct with Telstra Tech support to see what's happening.

As you would appreciate, this is a public forum and as such there's no access to personal account details and they would need to be on hand to assertain just where your connection and activation is up to.

You no doubt have contact numbers there, however options for contact for smart coimmunity can be found here: https://www.telstra.com.au/smart-community/development-registration

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more