AMF2
Level 2: Rookie

Moving house and plan

Hi

This is how Telstra handled my move from one place to another, (only 10 minutes up the road).

Firstly, my previous service was cancelled (as requested), on 6 September and the new service connection booked in for the 8 September. I received a phone call from Telstra the night before the connection telling me it was cancelled due to an unexpected issue. However, the technician arrived next morning as originally booked. He was able to connect the phone line but NOT THE INTERNET. He was given a password but it wasn't working. He left and told me to call customer service and they would get it working for me, which I did. The lady on the other end could not do it and gave me pages of instructions on how to do it myself. It was far too much for me and, being on the phone for nearly an hour, I told her I would call again next day.

As it turned out, all qualified operators for this issue did not work weekends. I waited until the following Monday and called again. I was told that Telstra needed permission from NBN to connect my internet and were waiting for a response to their email. 

I was finally able to talk to someone about a week later who saw what the problem was and cancelled my previous order and set up a new one for connection to NBN, but I had to wait two weeks for a technician to come out again. By this time I was really losing it. I do not live near a relative with the internet, and was using the data on my mobile phone plan, which was costing me. I rang Telstra and asked for the loan of a dongle for a few weeks and, (after another hour on the phone), was given permission, but then spent another hour on the phone getting 25G free data, which had to be authorised by NBN.

I finally had everything connected and working on 27 September. I consider myself one of the luckier customers.

The NBN contractor praised Telstra for having the best customer service out of all the service providers, and I do agree with that. I just think that some of the overseas operators do not understand where we live sometimes.

The issue that I am left with, (after all that I have been through), is my bundle has gone up from $60 to $70 per month and my included data has dropped to 50Gb. I was given an excellent bundle when I first moved to NSW in February and was led to believe that it was for the duration of my plan. Being on the pension is not easy and every dollar I can save means a lot to me. Hopefully Telstra will rectify this for me?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
AMF2

Re: Moving house and plan

Sorry, my mistake. The data is still set at 100Gb but the monthly bundle has gone up to $70 and there is an additional "LATE FEE" of $6.45 which is puzzling as I haven't been late??
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Hi AMF2, I trust that a suitable solution can be provided for you soon. For privacy reasons we're not able to access accounts or make changes to services via posts on these forums, but our teams on 13 22 00 or via the online chat service at  http://tel.st/49kl are able to investigate and advise further regarding any changes which have been made to the plan and package you're subscribed to.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AMF2

Thanks Greg. I decided to use the online chat but it is very slow. My problem was resolved and my plan has gone up to $70 because I am now receiving a $15 Pensioner discount for calls instead of the $10 data discount that another operator gave me in lieu of this. This is the paragraph in my bundle that had she told me I wasn't eligible for.... (???)

"Pensioner Discount If you hold an eligible Pensioner Concession card, you can apply for the Telstra Home Phone Pensioner Discount. This provides you with a $15 Monthly Call Allowance which can be used for local calls, calls to 019 numbers, calls to 13 numbers, national calls to fixed lines, calls to Australian mobiles and International calls."

I wish all Telstra customer service operators were on the same page!

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more