Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

moving house - covid delaying connection on new property

Answered

hi

i am an existing NBN/HFC customer with Telstra

I have a Telstra Smart Gen Modem 2

When the guy installed it, he said it had a 4G SIM in it if i lost connection to NBN

We are moving house on the 16th April.

I originally set the connection date for new house to 17th April, Telstra app now telling me its delayed until the 21st.

Old house will be disconnected on the 16th.

If i just plug my current smart gen modem into the power (NBN won't be connected in new property, will that 4G SIM kick in and we will still have internet?

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 19: Deputy Director
Accepted Solution

Re: moving house - covid delaying connection on new property

Hi @gw1888 Yes that's right, provided you're in a 4G coverage area, which you can check here. The mobile backup will keep your internet working albeit at a speed capped at 6mbps, but that should be fine for web browsing/standard definition videos.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Hi @gw1888 Yes that's right, provided you're in a 4G coverage area, which you can check here. The mobile backup will keep your internet working albeit at a speed capped at 6mbps, but that should be fine for web browsing/standard definition videos.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I tested this today.

Didn't work. LTE/mobile connected, but I had no internet connection.

Any tips?

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more