Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Moving house

Hi Everyone

Trying to organise moving all my telstra services (NBN, foxtel) to a new address. Call Telstra on the phone to be told that due to COVID they are only taking calls about emergencies, so that way is out. (I'm sure I could talk to someone if I wanted to buy something from them though).

Tried the online moving tool, however I keep getting error 500-172.87. I have tried different computers, tried my phone using the My Telstra app to no avail.

Can somebody who has had success organising a move recently, tell me how you did it?? That would be great! It seems over the years that Telstra get harder and harder to arrange things with (just my experience).

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Moving house

Wow! 100 views and no suggestions - its only been 19 minutes since I first posed the question of how to arrange moving house with Telstra when every way of contacting them has failed. Maybe I should write a letter? Has anyone done this in the community? Maybe posting them an actual letter would get a better response. My only issue then is somebody throwing my letter in the bin before reading it. mmmmm. What to do? I think I will have to binge watch the entire Netflix catalogue before I move in 10 days. Can it be done..... need to go to Woolies and buy some popcorn... I wonder if there's a limit on that yet?? Somebody please let me know if there is a way to notify them of your intention to move services from one property to another. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Hi @Wuhan1 

Try calling this number.

Telstra Moves Team 1800 531 622

Please let me know if the number still works, As Telstra keep changing there numbers.

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted

Thanks Rohan123, tried the number but it just says due to covid they aren't taking calls and direct you to the My Telstra app which just gives me an error when trying to process the move. Appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Hi again at @Wuhan1 

You could try this number Telstra billing 1800 461 799

It works but only from land lines, Not mobiles.

I'm sure they can put you in contact with the moves team.

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I've got the same problem, the message is:

Oops. We can't connect you with that page

Usually we're great at connecting, but not this time.
We'll try harder - but, in the meantime, we suggest you head back to the mobiles with plans home page.

I got that page from clicking 'Book your move', not the 'mobiles with plans' home page.

Please fix before my move happens!

Highlighted

I'm having the same issue! Have you found a way around this?

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more