Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Moving into a brand new home & NBN order wait time

I'm moving home on the 12 July, into a brand new premises requiring a FTTP connection. I contacted Telstra 10 days ago advising that I'm moving and would also like to move my services over. Initially there were issues as my address couldn't be found for NBN. I contacted NBNco and gave them the details of the new estate, lot number and street address and 5 days later they connected me and said that I indeed could get NBN fttp. Rang telstra back and all good there, however the earliest appointment I can get from a technician is the 9th of August - 4 weeks after we move in!

I have 3 teenage children who do require some form of internet access for schooling needs let alone their social lives!! I was not offered any form of interim internet access (i.e. a wireless dongle etc). The kids will not have access to a home phone either should they need to contact me when I'm not at home on my way to and from work.

Should I be offered some form of compensation for the length of time we have to wait for the NBN?

I'm not happy that we have to wait so long and going by what I have read online, I have little faith that the tech will actually turn up!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Moving into a brand new home & NBN order wait time

Hi Mel7575

Congratulations on your new home, it must be so exciting. 

We do recognise the importance of the internet, especially when you have school age children however, you would have been provided with the next available appointment for installation of the new service unfortunately. 

If you wish to discuss an interim service I would recommend speaking with our 24x7 Support Team   http://tel.st/hsc3 so they can investigate the possibility of providing such a service for you. 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Moving into a brand new home & NBN order wait time

Thank you for that, I'll investigate further. If I have any issues I'll let you know.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more