Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

moving

i cannot believe that telstra wants to charge me $299 plus $50 to move my phone and broadband. There was a phone disconnected in 2012 they do not need to wire house or place in a plug but because the phone was disconnected in 2012 they treat it as a new connection fee. I asked within that then l will have a new plug they said no that cost more. Is this what Telstra calls putting the customer first and to top it off have to talk to people overseas and when l asked like 4 times to talk to a tech l was told no.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: moving

If there is a lead in already installed into the property that has not been active for some time then the usual fee is $125. The $299 fee is only for a new connection into the property.

I would suggest having a chat to my colleagues on 13 22 00 so that we can get to the bottom of this for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more