Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

My modem needs activating

Organised Telstra cable 10 days ago (no NBN here yet). I have an older cable modem from previous, it's a technicolor one that has 4g backup and a separate cable adaptor. Now when I spoke to Telstra to get this setup they asked for the serial number of the cable adaptor which I gave, they then said it's fine and still ok to use.

I thought this would be just a matter of Telstra linking the cable adaptor serial to my account and I'd be good to go. But my order still says that a modern will be sent soon with no expected date and no tracking number. Surely it can't be this hard? All I need is for Telstra to give my cable adaptor access. Anyone got any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: My modem needs activating

I'll just cancel my order when I manage to talk to anyone from Telstra. Absolutely useless.

Highlighted

Re: My modem needs activating

Activation date has come and gone. Is Telstra actually activating any modems or connections at all? Absolutely useless service. No care at all and you can't actually speak to anyone that can sort anything.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more