CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

NBN move home order

Hi,

I'd initiated a Telstra home move which included disconnecting my old address and connecting to my new address. My old address was disconnected promptly. But the connection to my new address is showing in progress for the last 3 weeks. 

I do realize that Covid-19 issues are priority, but without the internet connection, I am at loss to see how I can work from home. 

Anyone else here had this issue and saw it sorted?

Jay

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: NBN move home order

Hi @jermags

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing. 

Unfortunately no one on CrowdSupport has access to your account to check the progress of your connection.

You will need to contact 13 22 00, there may currently be some delays as you have noted our call centre's have been impacted due to COVID 19. 

Telstra contact centres are prioritising our customer service calls to ensure critical requests for support are responded to.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Yes, I’m experiencing exactly the same thing - they’ve disconnected so I can’t even use the mobile data on the Smart Modem but haven’t reconnected me. I’ve been waiting almost two weeks. I tried to call 13 22 00 but the automated message said that they would not be able to take my call. I’ve been tethering my mobile to my computer for internet which is an okay workaround but I really need the NBN connected ASAP as I’m sure many others do too. If this isn’t resolved soon, I’ll switch NBN providers.

Highlighted

Kjorg,

As you already know 132200 is closed for queries about moving and connection. The call centers are not operational. With my situation and others as seen below, I have been disconnected, bit re-connected at my new address. This does not even appear as a service in my app anymore. But in my latest bill, I am being charged for internet as a service. 

If any, this is the time to ensure service is available as most people like me require the internet connection to work form home. 

Your response was not helpful. I am considering switching providers too. None of the other providers are facing this level of disruption.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @jermags,

Thanks for your response.

13 22 00 is not currently closed, although many departments are unable to take calls.

If you listen to the automated message, you are asked at the end what you need assistance

with. 

If technical support for NBN is mentioned, the call is connected and you are placed in a queue for assistance. Current call times are in excess of 20 minutes.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Believe me, I have been in the queue. Longest wait was 46 mins, going no where. Right now, it is, for all purposes closed. I know because I call everyday. 

You might be right. Many of these departments might not be able to take calls now. But for something as essential as be connected, when it is the most essential means of earning your living, you have to have alternative means to provide the service. Its been 3 weeks.

Highlighted

Very similar situation to me. I phoned on March 20th to inform Telstra I was moving house on the 25th and wanted to disconnect my current connection, but install NBN at my new address. 

Received the NBN connection device on March 26th and connected into phone socket / Telstra Smart Modem but no internet besides the 4G backup signal which was extremely slow. 

Phoned on March 27th and told account was with the Provisioning Team. 

Phoned again on March 30th and was told the order had been cancelled, so had to go through the whole order process from scratch.

Phoned on April 2nd and told the original order was NOT cancelled and was still with Provisioning Team. Received emails later that day to confirm I had an NBN appointment for connection on April 9th. 

All in all I've probably spent around 6-7 hours on hold to the call centre each time (133 933 - can only get through to someone by saying the call isn't about my NBN connection). 

Will wait and see if I end up with NBN connection on April 9th - having a nightmare working from home in Video Production with lots of downloads/uploads.

Highlighted

Experiencing the same issue - piled on with that we have TERRIBLE coverage at our new place so I can't tether reliably to work from home or take phone calls. 

Looking like I'll have to buy a signal booster but wanted to check if anyone has found a resolution yet?

Highlighted
Level 19: Deputy Director

In the current situation they probably needed more than 5 days notice to arrange nbn technicians as well.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.
Highlighted

In my case, it's coming up to a month. Looks like they have put  aside cases of relocation.. maybe manpower issues? The total lack of any update or communication is perplexing!!!

Highlighted

For sure, just remember a lot of it depends on availability of nbn technicians to connect your new property, these are impacts that will occur regardless of RSP.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.
Highlighted

Any luck yet?

Highlighted

Same issues. Booked move order for 28th April. Was pushed out to 30th. Disconnection happened, received new modem and then a text on 30th saying leave modem connected so they can test lines. Modem stayed blue for 8 days. Rang the 13 2200 number only to be hung up on 6 different times by automated resonse, sent app and told do do health check 6 times. Contacted Telstra shop, told to ring 132200 number and that there is nothing they can do. Used chat facility in app and have been lied to continuosly. Told connection finalised yet app shows on hold and modem on blue, technician said it was almost done and it would be ready in 24 hours...3 days later nothing. 6 consultants via chat and 2 via phone and situation the same. The last consultant actually started trying to sell me upgrade products...appalling. I have all these promises and lies and communicationss recorded on chat and have screenshot them. I am a Frontline worker and understand issues and delays with COVID. However, COVID does not make or allow Companies to tell mistruths and use the situation to profit. Disgusted in Telstra. Have been a customer for decades.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more