Oreo2020
Level 2: Rookie

Need a real person

I had my service disconnected early by Telstra having completed a future dated move request.  Telstra then reinstated my service, sent another modem and signed me up for another 3 years - without my consent.  I have moved to an area where Telstra is unable to service the internet which is why I discontinued the service when I moved.  I have been told that I will have to pay an ETC for a service I never agreed to. I cannot use the app because its linked to my BigPond address which was also shut down early. 

I have been trying to get someone to help me on the 132200 but are repeatedly given the woeful SMS service "just like texting a friend" where that friend has frontal lobe damage and you wouldn't choose to be their friend even if you were the loneliest person on earth. 

I just want this to be over so I can go on with my life and never use Telstra ever again. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Need a real person

Not sure how they signed you up for 3 years when there is no minimum contract term any more. The plans are all month to month.

You do not need to be logged in to the app to use it. Just skip the sign in and go the the Get Help screen.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Oreo2020

also the bot needs to stop sending me emails saying "did you know you can use the app" because I did know that and no I cant for reasons stated above. 

Oreo2020

Yes was messaged yesterday with a "there are 701 days" left on the bundle contract, the app keeps dropping me out for being signed in elsewhere as soon as I hit the landing page

HumanBeing
Level 1: Cadet

When I finally got a human, on about the tenth call attempt, he said to say 'Cancellation' when the computer asks for the reason for the call. Say it and the computer has to connect you to a human to avoid losing a customer. 

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more