Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

New connection in apartment block

Hi

I've just moved into a new apartment.  I'm trying to get internet connected.  Telstra tell me the previous resident did not disconnect.

- Telstra asked for a copy of my lease - so I sent it to them

- Now they want me to go buy (or borrow)  a phone and ring them from my apartment so they can confirm the phone number in the apartment.  They say they don't know the number and are afraid they will dis-connect the wrong person.  How did they bill the previous resident if they don't know the phone number....

- I don't want to buy a phone I'll never use.  I'm new to the city and don't want to knock on a neighbours door to ask to borrow their phone as I don't know them and I think that's a bit much

- If I can't buy or borrow a phone, Telstra wants to charge me $125 to send out a technician - plus I'll have to take a day off work to sit at home and wait.

- If I'm not prepared to spend $125 and a day off work OR to buy a phone, Is my only alternative to cancel the order and use some other provider??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New connection in apartment block

Hi, I am sorry you are having such a hard time trying to get a connection in place. I would suggest speaking directly with our Sales Team on 13 2200 about what can be done instead. Can I confirm that you are without a homeline at present?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more