Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

New estate with no Telstra cabling in street

I'm about to move into our new home in a new estate.

The first stage of the estate (our stage) was released in January.

There are still no cables in the street for Telstra.

One of my neighbours has been there for several months without a home phone, another keeps asking Telstra and is getting very vauge answers on when this might occur.

How do I find out when this will occur?

Also, I see my town (North Dandalup WA) is earmarked for NBN fixed wireless but I also can't find out if and when this is going to occur (or even if I will be in it's footprint).

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New estate with no Telstra cabling in street

Hi Cashie5,

That's not good. Can I ask, how many houses are there in the estate? The reason I ask is that for new estates over a certain size the responsibility for ensuring phone lines are available actually passes to  NBN Co rather than Telstra

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

There are currently 20 lots released, and 120 lots to be released in the next 3-4 years.

We are rural and I understand NBN fibre is not coming to our area. 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Rural or otherwise, you will need to be connected with a service however this will be handled by NBN Co. for all new estates.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Who can I contact to ascertain the status of the install of cabling then?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

You may need to contact the estate developer or NBN Co. directly to confirm what the plan is.

Highlighted

My understanding is if our estate is outside a NBNCo 3 year fibre area it is Telstra's responsibility to cable the estate, is this not correct?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

The developer will be able to confirm for sure who is doing the work.

Highlighted

Confirmed it is Telstra who are to do the work.

They haven't even scheduled it and claim even when scheduled it will likely take 4-5 months for it to be done... not good.

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

In these situations you are likely eligible to receive an interim service, contact our connections team on 13 22 00 and this can be arranged.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Sadly the interim service is not able to provide internet at all..

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more