Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

New Home Phone Line issues

hi,

Im a Electrical Contractor posting on behalf my customer who is a landlord and says there tenant is having issues with getting a phone line connected.

Basicly there is a house/unit on the one block, there looks like there was a old connection to the house at one stage in the last 10-15years.

I have recently Converted a defective Overhead power line to a underground and while i was doing the trench i threw in a lead in conduit with draw wire to save digging up the nice garden in the future if they where to require a new line.

Now the top tenant (in the house) wants  a line and a ADSL connection put on, they have spend heaps of time calling telsta etc with no luck.

Issues:

-The existing Telstra Pit at the front of the house is Asbestos.

- there is a old Line + conduit that is sticking up at front of boundy that looks like its been damaged from something (in the P type conduit which is not allowed to be used anymore) the line doent move in the conduit and id say there is a tree root or something like a rock that has damaged the conduit.

Basicly, telstra need to dig a 2-3mt trench at front of property (exposing the old lead in conduit) and extent my lead in conduit, then just pull through a new cable and mount up there MDF box and fit of a line inside the house.

Main issue is the asbestos pit and the digging as no one seems keen to do it from telstra (as a pain of a job)

any advise or help to help get this new line into the house? or even something temp till telstra can sort it?

thanks James Norman

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more