Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

New house, new phone line connection

So I moved into my newly constructed house almost 7 months ago. I tried to have a phone line connected however there's were multiple issues including the fact that there were no Telstra pits installed in my street.

The pits were installed several weeks ago and I've been given the go ahead to arrange a connection. My builder installed conduit (with draw cable) from the footpath near where the Telstra pit was eventually installed through to the side of the house where the internal phone wiring sits.

I just want to clarify what works the Telstra technician will do (in non technical terms). I believe they will install cabling through the conduit and a box on the side of the house joining the external and internal wires.

Will they also connect the wiring from the conduit near the footpath to the Telstra pit? I've heard they don't, but then who does?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: New house, new phone line connection

Hey A Spin,

You are correct as we will handle everything on the property, but the conduit from the footpath to the pit is needed to be connected via a qualified contractor as trenching is required. We have the following list of approved contractors at:

http://goo.gl/5fw3fI

You will get a quote to have the work done and make the appointment to have this completed. This is not something that we are able to complete for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more